Tuesday 28 August 2012

Girl meets boy

Sis is fifteen I am nearly nine.
Sis is fifteen today and going out with her friend to the local picture house, they meet a couple of boys.
Her boyfriend was one year older than her, but much older in his ways. Sis had a sheltered up bringing regarding the way of the world and the wrong kind of fella you can meet.
We lived in a small mining community and him on the out skirts in a rough area of a big city, where the local bobbies go around in twos and threes.
Sis was easily lead, in fact she was easily led around the back of a bus shelter. And so the romance started. I will not use his real name as before, not to protect him but my sister, I will just call him The bas***d or Tb for short.

Tb was not only having sex with an under age girl but also a little light fingered as well.
Needless to say Sis fell pregnant soon after meeting him.
This coursed an uproar in the family. First of all sis got me to tell our mum and dad, I in return got a slap from dad. This was the first and only time dad hit me, I think it was the shock of it all.
Mum went strait to sis asked if it was true and gave her a slap across the face.
What to do next? does she want to keep it or put it up for adoption and ban Tb from seeing her again? Angie decided to keep the baby and all hell was let loose.
Our Uncle and Aunty from North Yorkshire wanted to adopt it, as they was unable to have a child of there own. Mum took umbrage at this and cut them off from seeing us for quite a long time.
Grammar and Granddad (dads parents) wanted her to be put away in a home! I think this was something that happened years ago to unmarried mothers. This was a bit of a laugh, as grammar was pregnant with our dad when she got married. I was there when dad reminded them of that :).
I can't remember much after that until she was about 37 week into her pregnancy. She went out with Tb to his parents house where he lived and she stayed there. Why I don't know, surely my parent wasn't happy with this. Why didn't they go and fetch her back? after all she was only fifteen.
Any way, a couple of weeks later sis and Tb turn up on a motor bike he had borrowed / stole who knows. Mum was panicking that sis was riding on a bike so close to her delivery date. It turned out sis had had the baby nearly a week earlier and had come to tell us all that they had a baby boy!
He was born in early February and sis was sixteen in the following April.

No comments:

Post a Comment